Back to the grind. Our dear son Luke has been in Grand Rapids every day this week. He had chemo and radiation on Monday, and then only radiation for the rest of the week. Plus physical therapy. And schoolwork. We continue to seek the Lord and His people for strength. So many of you continue to offer help, and to ask how you can best serve our family. Here's an update:
1) Just three more radiation treatments to go! Luke's throat has been sore, and swallowing has been difficult. Pray that it quickly returns to normal after radiation is over.
2) The docs will scan Luke again in late April. We are praying for no evidence of cancer remaining in Luke's chest. Zero tumors, zero cancer.
3) Luke would like to be walking on his prosthetic with a cane by June 1st. Pray for perseverance, and for him to feel well enough to continue with the needed physical therapy.
4) Jay is entering the last month of his senior year at Mason High School. Pray for his last weeks of school and baseball to be amazing.
5) Please pray for rest for our entire family.
1) The meals have been a life saver. Most of our May meal slots are open. You can sign up here.
2) Luke will be home a bit more, with radiation ending. Please contact me if you'd like to come for a visit.
3) Laura and I are looking to get away for a night or two, now that Luke will be home a little bit more. Please contact me if you'd like to come hang out with the Granger boys for a night.
We press on, eyes forward. The chemo continues, the challenges are many but our prayer remains the same. We can't stop, WON'T stop praying for God to heal our boy. (James 5:14-16)
James & Lu
(for Sam, Jay, & Luke)