First, the good news. Today Luke completed his 28th and final day of radiation. We are very grateful. Even though he is tired and sore from these treatments, Luke has continued to attend school and is keeping up well in all his classes. We are extremely proud of Luke for his amazing perseverance and strength. He is such a great human!
Here are some updates and prayer requests:
1) Now that the radiation is over, we want the treatment to work! Please continue to pray for the cancer spot in Luke's sacrum to be completely gone, with no trace of cancer anywhere in his body. Zero cancer.
2) Luke also had some scans done today, primarily to examine his lungs. Luke's Doc wants to check on the inflammation in his lung, to see if the steroids were effective in clearing things up. Scans are always terrifying...please pray for clear results.
3) The radiation has slowly depleted Luke's blood counts, and he is exhausted. We are praying for his counts to bounce back quickly, so Luke can have more strength for school and physical therapy. Also, Luke is registered for the upcoming Young Life weekend at TimberWolf Lake, and we want him to have the energy to be able to enjoy a great weekend.
4) We are so thankful. Little by little, God is healing and sustaining Luke. We have received a LOT of support. The meals and gas cards have been such a blessing. The encouraging cards and texts and emails mean so much. Luke has been blessed to have several people (Tony, Jude, Matt, Mark, TJ, Brittany, Luke) accompany or visit him to Grand Rapids, to help pass the time. We are so thankful.
5) Please pray for Laura and for our family. We need rest, patience, and peace.
Our prayer remains the same. We can't stop, WON'T stop praying, for God to heal our boy. (James 5:14-16)
James & Lu
(for Sam, Jay, & Luke)