Thank you for always praying for Luke and for our family. It means so much. Luke is in the middle of a longer round of treatment, receiving one dose per day for 5 consecutive days. We will be coming home from the clinic on Tuesday. His body needs time to bounce back from the effects this particular drug, so he will be home (we're hoping!) for about two weeks before his next round.
You all are so gracious in asking "how can we pray?" and "what can we do?" Here are some specific ideas:
1) For Luke to indeed be able to stay home from December 15 - 28. In order to do that he needs to stay hydrated and nourished, and for protection for his body from infection or virus while his blood counts are low.
2) It looks like they'll be doing PET Scan and CT Scan in early January. Pray for huge reduction / disappearance of the visible signs of the cancer in his body. When we consider the destructive effects the chemo has had on Luke's body, we're hoping that it is being much more destructive with the cancer cells!
3) Prayer for our family. Me and Laura...for rest, and for peace. Sam...he has final exams this week. Jay...for God to guard his heart with peace as well.
1) We need to borrow an artificial Christmas tree! It needs to be pretty small...maybe 5 - 6 feet high.
2) Our meals calendar for January is pretty open. Jump in here.
3) Speedway gas cards, Amazon gift cards.
One more fun update...last Wednesday the folks at Celebration Cinema opened up an entire theater for a private showing of the final Hunger Games movie for Luke, Laura and me. Luke had wanted to go see the movie on opening night, as we have done with past Hunger Games moves, but he ended up in the hospital that weekend. The manager at Celebration went over the top to help us out, and it was a huge blessing for the three of us to spend that time together.
As always, our prayer remains the same. Can't stop, WON'T stop praying for God to heal our boy. (James 5:14-16)
James & Lu
(for Sam, Jay & Luke)